Allstate offers three different types of discounts for students, teens, and their parents. These include a good student discount up to 20%, a 10% teenSMART discount, and a discount for parents when students live far from home.
How Much is the Allstate Student Discount?
The size of the discount you can get from Allstate ranges from 10 to 30% and depends on the type of discount you qualify for. You can qualify for more than one type of discount.
1. Allstate Good Student Discount
The Allstate Good Student discount saves up to 20% off auto insurance premiums for unmarried students up to a maximum 25 years who meet GPA requirements.
To qualify for the Good Student Discount, Allstate requires the following:
- A signed certificate with information about the student must be filed with Allstate.
- The student must be unmarried.
- The student must be younger than 26 years old.
- The insured student must be enrolled full-time in high school or college.
- The student must have attended school full-time for the past two years.
- The student must meet certain academic requirements. These are flexible and include a 3.0-grade point average, ranking in the top 20% of the student’s class, or placement on the Dean’s list.
Oftentimes, the academic requirements must be signed and dated by a school official.
2. Allstate’s teenSMART Discount
For parents of teen drivers, Allstate offers a discount up to 10% off auto insurance premiums when the teen successfully completes a teenSMART driver education program.
teenSMART is a software course that your teen can take at home. At the time of this writing, the cost is around $120, but your insurance agent may be able to provide a coupon code.
Allstate teenSMART is available in these states:
District of Columbia
3. Allstate’s Resident Student Discount
Finally, Allstate offers a discount up to 35% for parents who want to insure their student who lives more than 100 miles away. The idea is that because the student lives so far away from where the car is stored, they won’t drive it as much as if they lived at home.
How to Get an Allstate Student Discount
1. Navigate to Allstate
The first thing you need to do is visit Allstate to begin the quote process.
2. Get an Online Quote
To get a discount, you first need to start the quote process. Enter your information online. You’ll be asked basic information such as name and address, as well as things like your vehicle ownership and driving record.
3. Talk to an Agent
Some discounts can be automatically applied online, but to get the maximum savings you’ll want to talk with an actual Allstate agent. After your you get your quote, you can request to speak with an agent. The agent should help you find the right discounts, but be sure to ask about those listed on this page if you believe you qualify.