Last Updated on July 18th, 2018
Best Buy offers student discounts on popular electronics, computers, and service plans. All college students are eligible for discounts up to $100. Best Buy college deals require email registration.
What’s included in the Best Buy student discount?
If you’re in college, you need a reliable computer. Best Buy, which already offers low prices on popular computers such as iPads, Surfaces, and PCs, gives discounts often ranging from $50-100 to qualifying students.
Here are some typical deals:
- Purchase any iPad, MacBook or iMac with AppleCare: $100 off.
- Geek Squad Data Recovery: 50% off (this is a $100 value).
- Select Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book: Additional $100 off.
- Buy select Windows PC and select Sony Over-the-Ear Wireless Headphones: Save $100.
- Samsung Chromebook Plus: Save $50.
The discounts change from week to week, so check back often.
How to qualify for Best Buy student pricing:
Best Buy intends these discounts for college students, so you’ll have to complete a couple of steps.
- First, sign up for a Best Buy account, if you don’t already have one.
- Sign up for College Deals. Look for the button, highlighted in red below.
You’ll need to provide your birthday and the name of your school.
You do NOT need a valid .edu email address. In theory, this means anyone can sign up for college deals. Be careful though. In the terms of service, Best Buy reserves the right to demand proof of enrollment at any time.
After signing up for deals, Best Buy will send you your specific student discount codes to your email.
Bonus: These coupons are good for both online and in-store purchases. Print them out and go shopping with the folks!