Does Farmers Insurance offer a student discount?
Farmers Insurance offers several discounts to students and their families. These include a good student discount that can save up to 10% off the student policy. Other discounts include a Distant Student Discount, Multi-car Discounts, and Driver-Training Discounts for qualified drivers.
How much is the Farmers student discount?
Famers offers a discount of up to 10% or more for students with good grades. This typically means maintaining a 3.0 GPA and being able to submit proof to your agent.
For parents, young drivers can add significant expense to your auto policy, but there are multiple discounts to help save you money. In addition to the Good Student Discount, Farmers offers the following to families with teen and student drivers.
1. Distant Student Discount
If your student driver lives more than 100 miles away from where you keep your vehicle, this discount may help you save money.
2. Multi-car Discount
While adding a teen driver to your vehicle can make your policy more expensive, simply adding vehicles to your policy can help you save as it lowers the cost of each individual vehicle.
3. Driver Training Discounts
Certain states offer approved driving training courses for teens. Ask your agent if you live in one of the qualifying states.
How to qualify for Farmers student pricing?
To qualify for Farmers Good Student Discount, you’ll need to provide proof of your student’s good academic standing to your agent. This typically involves the following:
- A signed certificate with information about the student filed with Farmers.
- The student must be unmarried and younger than 26 years old.
- The insured student must be enrolled full-time in high school or college.
- The student must have attended school full-time for the past two years.
- The student must meet certain academic requirements. These are flexible and include a 3.0-grade point average, ranking in the top 20% of the student’s class, or placement on the Dean’s list.