Last Updated on July 5th, 2018
Students save 50% on Spotify Premium
For those who can’t get enough music, the streaming service Spotify offers a 50% discount on their Premium subscription. A free service is also available.
What do you get with Premium?
For $4.99/month you get Spotify Premium AND Hulu Limited Commercials plan. Without the discount, it’s $9.99/month and gives music lovers several benefits over Spotify Free.
- Ad-free listening keeps your studying – or your party – from being interrupted.
- Take your music with you everywhere with the ability to download music to your devices. This keeps you from burning up data to listen.
- Play what you want, when you want it with the play-on-demand feature.
- Improved sound-quality for the true audiophiles.
- The same features of Spotify Free, including building collections, sharing them, and search the collections of others.
- Hulu Limited Commercials plan includes: streaming of full seasons of exclusive series, hit movies, Hulu Originals and more.
How to qualify for Spotify student pricing?
Spotify requires you to create an account. You must provide your name, birth date, and information for a “valid educational institution” to qualify. “Other documents” may be required, but these are not specified. Once you sign up, your payment method will be charged automatically each month. Your premium account will expire each year in order for Spotify to recheck your qualifications as a student. You may use the discount for a maximum of four years.