Last Updated on July 18th, 2018
Travelers Insurance offers several discounts on auto insurance for qualifying students and their parents. Most notably, Travelers’ Good Student discount saves up to 8% off standard car insurance premiums. Other discounts that may be combined with this offer include Driver Training discounts and Student Away at School discounts.
How much is Travelers’ student discount?
Travelers Insurance offers several discounts to students and families that can be combined for maximum savings. Here’s a rundown of the deals Travelers offers.
- Good Student Discount: Students who maintain a “B” average or higher can save up to 8% off standard rates. This is less than the 25% offered by State Farm, but the amount of your premium will depend on many factors. Don’t let the size of the discount distract you.
- Driver Training Discount: Drivers under the age of 21 who complete an approved driver education course may qualify for discounts up to 8%. To qualify, all drivers under 21 who operate your vehicle must have passed an approved course. So if you have two children who drive your car, each must have completed driver education. If you are a student who pays for your own policy, typically only you are required to pass a driver ed course in order to qualify.
- Student Away at School Discount: Travelers Insurance gives you a discount if you include your student on your policy, but that student lives at least 100 miles away from where you store your car. This applies both to college-aged and prep school students, as long as they are under the age of 21.
All of these discounts can be combined with each other and other discounts to achieve maximum savings.
How to qualify for Travelers Good Student discount
To qualify for any Travelers Insurance discount, it all begins with a quote. The easiest way to initiate a quote is online using the Travelers website. It’s important to note, it’s typically best not to complete any insurance policy online if you believe you qualify for one of the special offers listed here. Talk to an agent before signing up.
In order to be eligible for the Good Student discount, typically you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time student in high school, college, or university
- Be at least 16 years old and no older than 25.
- Maintain a “B” or better grade point average.
An agent will contact you after you fill out your online forms. Discuss any discounts you may qualify for with the agent. You’ll need to provide proof of good grades and/or enrollment status. Most agents work very hard at saving you the most money possible.